A personal favourite of mine - delicate, delectable and just plain pretty!
1kg icing mixture
350g desiccated coconut
395g condensed milk
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
red food colouring
1. Combine sifted icing sugar and coconut in a very large bowl.
2. Whisk the egg white just a little before adding the egg, condensed milk and vanilla bean paste to your dry ingredients and combine with a spoon before mixing well with your hands.
3. Divide the mixture in half and colour one batch with a few drops of red food colouring.
4. Press the white mixture into the bottom of a 25x25cm cake tin (lined with baking paper)
5. Smooth out with the back of a spoon before gently pressing the pink mixture over the top.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. Remove from the tin and cut into small squares, then store in an air tight container in the fridge. (I find it is best after hardening in the fridge for around 24hrs after cutting into squares before eating...if you can avoid the temptation!)
(makes 64 squares)